(GUEST POST BY PAUL RIETZL)
Paul Rietzl here. I've come up with the following quiz for your enjoyment. How much do you know about Todd Anderson and/or the movie Fight Club? Let's find out.
Your task is to determine, for each entry, whether it was something Todd Anderson put in his most recent tournament report, or a quote from the movie Fight Club. My girlfriend Kat scored exactly 10/20, the mean result we should expect from flipping a coin.
To record your answers and compare with your friends, indicate "TA" or "FC" for each, based on what you think is the source of the quote.
1. Then the questions begin to spill out of their mouths like waterfalls.
2. Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments?
3. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.
4. This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
5. We both threw everything we had at each other.
6. If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
7. When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep... and you're never really awake.
8. The air catches in your lungs, hanging like a bitter bloody fingernail. You rip it off, sighing at the pain and final release.
9. My face was blood red, and I could feel my body temperature rising. Was this it?
10. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.
11. You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central.
12. And then fear—or possibly just logic—stepped in.
13. I feel like slime. A shill. A husk of someone I should have become a long time ago.
14. A sharp smile begins to creep across his face. And you, sitting there with your stupid sheepish grin.
15. It was not the best of mornings.
16. Every evening I died, and every evening I was born again, resurrected.
17. People do it everyday, they talk to themselves... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it.
18. I ignored my stupid brain.
19. And you normally don't mind—except there's a maelstrom inside your head. A war. A battle of the heart and mind, and it is all you can do to not just walk away.
20. And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.
Extra Credit: I WILL BRING EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING DOWN WITH ME
ANSWER KEY (try it first please, it'll be more fun): http://i.imgur.com/UZVb8ES.png
Please leave a comment with # you got correct if you didn't cheat.